With summer just around the corner, here are ten sure-fire ways to engage with your neighbours.
- Organize a picnic in the park and invite everyone on your block.
- Rally several friends together and go door-to-door, offering to wash people's cars.
- Plan an outdoor movie night. Get a projector and show a family-friendly movie on your garage door. Invite the whole neighbourhood.
- Start a community garden.
- Plan a game night with one or two families you'd like to know better.
- Host a backyard barbeque or karaoke night. (Or both!)
- With several friends, plan a fun-day in a local park for children and families in your community. Choose a theme, talk with the local park board, and plan activities like water balloon volleyball and three-legged races.
- Start a summer book club in your neighbourhood.
- Plan an outdoor concert in the park and give away free lemonade or candy floss.
- Organize a troupe of church volunteers to blitz the neighbourhood with offers of free lawn-mowing.
Find more helpful ideas at LeadingOutreach.com